We live in a world that is so preoccupied with being successful that we all strive to achieve success at any cost. Success is much more than becoming famous, earning more money, having more possessions or doing well in life. It is very important to first understand “what is success?”. It is also important to know that in process of achieving success, there will be many failures that will cross our path. How you deal with these failures or setbacks will determine your success. In this post, we tell you why you should Never Give Up On Your Dreams.
Winston Churchill famously said, “Success is not final and failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts”. Today we see adults, teenagers and children so fearful of the idea to fail that they just give up without trying. Young teenagers take the extreme step of committing suicide because of low academic scores. People get into depression, if they feel that they have not achieved the success that they wanted.
Psychologists say that many people give up too soon as they did not get what they wanted right away. This kind of attitude of giving up too soon leads to dissatisfaction, low self-esteem, depression and high stress.
Today, we will discuss some of the ways that will help you to stay focused on your goal and not give up easily.
Never Give Up On Your Dreams.
1. Set your goals and never give up on your goals.
When we set our goals, we should look forward to achieving them. While setting your goals you should be fairly aware of the difficulties that you will face while achieving these goals. At the onset only, have a mindset that no matter what happens, you will never give up. Never giving up is an attitude that should be encouraged in your daily life.
You can proactively keep telling yourself the following :
- Things are going to be difficult but I will persevere and keep going.
- Quitting is not an option in my life.
- No matter how many times I fail, I will work towards my goal and achieve success.
- Read positive quotes, books or hear a motivational speaker regularly on your iPod.
- If there are hurdles or problems, I will peacefully sit and think about all the possible solutions.
2. Understand the experiences and benefits of failure.
Many successful people will agree that they faced many failures before they finally became successful. Success did not come easily to them. The main difference was that every time these people fell down, they rose up and continued their journey. One of the main reason of being successful is to have grit.
We all are human beings and so it is but natural that we would lose our enthusiasm and motivation when failure comes. Having said that, it is very important to focus and bounce back to chasing your goal.
Failure teaches us the following life lessons –
- An experience that gives us a deeper understanding and teaches us valuable lessons in life.
- It gives us the knowledge of what works and what does not work.
- It humbles us and gives us the resilience to fight back.
- We grow and mature as human beings and start valuing things in life.
All these life lessons motivate us to never give up and keep trying to achieve our goals.
3. Always have a role model and watch someone doing something impossible.
It is important to have role models who have tried and done something impossible. These inspiring stories will encourage you to face difficulties and hurdles that come your way. Every person who has impacted the world has faced many hurdles while achieving his/her goal. Reading these stories will inspire you to keep going and never give up.
4. Speak to a close friend or family member.
When you have thoughts of giving up, then it is time to talk to your close friend or family member. Experts suggest that talking it out helps in relieving the stress. Friends or family can give you a clear perspective of things when you are not able to think clearly. They can help you in taking rational decisions and also motivate you to keep going. Honest friends and family members will tell you what you need to hear rather than what you want to hear.
5. Go back to why you started and find a different way to achieve your goal. Never give up on your goal.
It is important for you to remember why you started chasing a goal. A strong “Why” will always keep you motivated to keep going after your goals. The more number of reasons you have as to why you started, will encourage you to overcome obstacles and keep going.
Further, once you are convinced with your “Why”, then you can start finding different ways of reaching your goals. We may have some strategies which may have failed but there will definitely be other strategies which will be successful.
Some of the other ways of not giving up are listed below :
- Try to be truly happy. Happiness is personal and does not depend on any situation but your own reaction to the situation.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle of good exercise and a positive approach.
- Avoid being critical and judgemental of yourself.
- Listen to good and pleasant motivating music. (For me, Christian worship songs uplift my mood and encourages me.)
- Reward yourself for achieving small goals.
- Occupy your mind by starting a new hobby or doing something you like. Stop over-thinking and avoid negativity.
- Keep doing your work. Just because you do not see results does not mean that nothing is happening. A bamboo plant just grows its roots and becomes a small plant in the first 4-5 years, after which in a short span of time, it grows more than 20 to 25 meters tall.
Life is full of challenging situations. How you face these situations entirely depends upon your reaction to them. Never give up. Also encourage your children to never to give up but persistently follow their dreams and soon they will achieve success.never give up, never give up on you, Never Give Up On Your Dreams, never give up on your goals