Pomfret is an expensive fish and most seafood lovers would love to eat pomfret in any form. When pomfrets are in season and available at reasonable prices, you should definitely try out different pomfret dishes such as pomfret curry, fried pomfret, steamed pomfret etc.Today we will share with you the traditional Goan Pomfret Recheado Masala Recipe.
You can grind the Recheado masala and keep it in the refrigerator for future use. If you need more spice then accordingly increase the number of red chilies. Here is the recipe for Pomfret Recheado Masala Recipe.
Pomfret Recheado Masala Recipe
- 2 whole medium sized pomfrets.
- 18- 20 Kashmiri chilies.
- 1/4 tsp of peppercorns.
- 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- 1 stick (broken) of Cinnamon
- 6 cloves of Garlic.
- 1 inch Ginger.
- 2 spoon sugar.
- 4-5 spoon (half bowl) vinegar.
- 1 ball of tamarind.
- Salt as per taste.
- Oil to fry
- Rice flour and semolina for coating before frying.
- Clean the pomfret by making an incision from the mouth till the tail. Remove the unwanted parts and then wash the pomfrets properly.
- Blend all the spices with the vinegar except for oil, rice flour, and semolina.
- Grind it into a thick paste with vinegar only and do not add much water to it.
- Now stuff the paste into the Pomfrets, both inside and outside.
- Marinate the pomfrets for an hour before you start frying them.
- Take a pan and add oil.
- Now add an equal quantity of semolina and rice flour and mix it well.
- Coat the pomfrets in the mixture on both the sides.
- Shallow fry the pomfrets on both sides.
- Fry till crispy, brown and cooked properly.
Your Pomfret Recheado Masala Fry is ready to be relished. You can serve it with fish curry and rice or plain Dal and rice.
Hope you enjoyed this Pomfret Recheado Masala Recipe.
Please read our other Goan Recipes like Prawn Caldine.
Please check out our Smart Shops.Tags: Recheado Masala Recipe