Most of the Goans will love their prawn caldine with rice. This is a simple dish which is very easy to make and tasty to eat. A blend of some of the amazing spices gives it a unique colour. Let’s get started right away. There are different ways of making a caldine curry and we too have our unique way of making it. So let us see the recipe for Prawn Caldine.
Firstly you make the ground masala with different spices. And at the same time, you also need thick coconut milk of around half coconut.
1 bowl of medium-sized deveined prawns (12-15 prawns).
½ cup grated coconut for the coconut milk.
1 finely chopped tomato.
2 Onions Chopped.
10-12 ladyfingers, chopped in half. (if small, keep it full).
For the Ground Masala
• ½ Coconut grated.
• ¼ tsp of Cumin Seeds.
• ½ tsp of turmeric powder.
• 6-7 green chillies according to your taste. You can use less if you don’t want it spicy.
• ½ inch ginger.
• 5-6 cloves of garlic.
• 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
• 5- 6 Peppercorns.
• 1 small ball of tamarind.
• 2 tbsp of Oil.
• Salt to taste.
• Heat the pan and add oil to the pan.
• Now add chopped onions and fry it till cooked. Don’t make it brown.
• Add chopped tomatoes and cook it well.
• Now add the ground masala and add salt to taste.
• Cook it for some time.
• Add tamarind water and cook it for a couple of minutes.
• Now add cut ladyfingers in the pan and mix it well.
• Cook it for around 5 to 7 minutes.
• Add the prawns and allow it to cook for some time.
• Add the coconut milk and cook it for 5-6 minutes.
Your Prawn Caldine is ready to eat with steamed rice. I am sure you will enjoy this dish and so would encourage you to give it a try.