The family is an institution designed by God. A good family is one in which each member understands and fulfills their God-given role. The basic family comprises of a father, mother and their children. Then of course you have an extended family like uncles, aunts, grandparents and cousins etc. Parents have an important responsibility of holding the family together.
God has created man and women equally and both are valuable in his eyes. However, this does not mean that men and women have identical roles to serve. Women are more adept at nurturing and caring, while men are better equipped to provide for and protect their family.
Remember God has put you in your family not by your choice. It is of utmost importance that you respect this. It is humanly impossible to not love people that are there for you during your most vulnerable times in life. They are the people you can fall back on when you have been disillusioned with the outside world. Though many a time you may feel that they are interfering too much in your life, remember it is only because they care for you.
Family is the building block of a society. If the family is not strong then there will cracks in the society. However If families are protected with a strong bond of love then it will definitely result in a stronger society.
Some of the important aspects to be understood in developing love are:
1. A family that prays together stays together.
2. A family that eats together is kept together by love.
3. Children that have strong family bonds of love and acceptance are more successful in life.
4. Family is one of the easiest things to be taken for granted. Family relationships should be nurtured just like any other relationship. Gratitude is an important element in forging relationships.
5. Every moment of life is a gift from God. You have the choice to fill these moments with laughter and joy. Taking care of each other especially in one’s dark moments will help in building stronger bonds of love and respect.
6. A real home will be full of love, honesty, respect and trust.
So finally friends, I would like to conclude with a very thoughtful verse from The Bible:
Love is patient, Love is kind. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes and always perseveres. So love never fails.
Please click here to read our other article on Gratitude .
For more information please check out the following resources:
The 5 love languages of Children Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell – Buy here
Who needs a hug? Sally Huss – Buy here
Did you like the article above and want more tips delivered straight to your inbox every week? Consider subscribing to our weekly newsletter.love and care, love in family, prayer, strong family, value based