Goans love their fish in recheado masala. It is a ground masala with spices and vinegar. The vinegar acts as a preservative and so this masala can be stored in a freezer for a long period of time. This masala is used for different types of fishes like mackerels, pomfrets, prawns etc. In this article, we will show you how to make Tiger Prawn Fry.
This week we got some fresh tiger prawns and wanted to try out our favourite recipe – Tiger Prawn Fry in Recheado masala.
Tiger Prawn Fry Recipe (Indian Style)
- 4-6 Tiger prawns
- 10-15 dry Kashmiri chillies
- 1inch cleaned ginger
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 1tsp peppercorn
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tsp turmeric powder
- 3-4 cloves
- 2-3 green cardamom
- A small sized tamarind ball
- 2-3tbsp white vinegar
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
- Soak all the spices in white vinegar for around 1 hour. Mix it well and then blend the mixture into a thick paste. Add a little more vinegar and blend it into a thick paste.
- Devein the prawns but keep the headshells on. Clean and wash the prawns properly. Add a little salt and keep them aside.
- Coat the recheado masala on the tiger prawns and marinate them for around 1hour.
- Take a pan and add 2-3tbsp of oil.
- Add the marinated tiger prawns in the pan.
- Cook them for about 5-7 minutes. Remember prawns cook very fast and so don’t overcook them.
- Cook them nice, tender and juicy.
Your spicy tiger prawns recheado masala is ready to be relished with rice and fish curry or even rotis. It is also a great starter and can be served with fresh salad and potato chips. Some people also like it crispy and so they coat the prawns with semolina and then shallow fry them. But we love it this way.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe Tiger Prawn Fry in Recheado masala.
Also, try out our other recipes.
Please check out our Smart Shops.
Tags: goan recipes, Indian fish recipes, Prawn Rechaedo, seafood recipes, tiger prawn, tiger prawn recipe