This mouth-watering appetizer is served at almost every occasion in Goa – be it a wedding, birthday or any other function. This recipe was shared by the Portuguese and it is greatly relished by every Goan. There are 2 main parts to this recipe, one is the stuffing and the other is the dough to fill the stuffing. It is a homemade pastry with a filling of prawns, which is then deep fried. It resembles the Maharashtrian sweet named “Karanji”. In this post, we give you the Prawn Rissois Recipe.
Prawn Rissois Recipe
Ingredients for Stuffing :
- 1 cup medium sized prawns.
- Pepper and salt to taste.
- 1 chopped onion.
- 2 cheese cubes.
- A bit of Recheado masala.
- 1tsp of lemon Juice.
- Clean and devein the prawns properly.
- Add salt, pepper, lime and mix well
- Now add a little water in a pan and keep the prawns to boil.
- After about a couple of minutes, remove the boiled prawns and chop them into small pieces.
- In a pan add oil and to it add the finely chopped onions.
- Saute the onions until they are translucent.
- Add the chopped prawns and mix well.
- Check for the seasoning and add salt and pepper accordingly.
- Add a tsp of recheado masala. Mix well.
- Add the cheese cubes.
- Mix well till the cheese has melted.
- Once done keep aside to cool.
To make the Dough
Ingredients for the Dough –
- 2 Cups maida.
- Salt to taste.
- 2 tsp of ghee.
Method to make the Dough and Prawn Rissois –
- In a pan pour water and heat it up.
- Add salt, ghee and bring it to a boil.
- Then add the flour. Keep stirring and mix well till the mixture leaves the side of the pan and forms a small soft dough.
- Remove the dough on a flat surface and knead it until soft and smooth.
- Be careful as the dough mixture will be hot.
- Then roll the dough and cut it into small circles.
- Fill the center of circles with the prawn mixture, fold the Rissois at the end with a bit of salt water.
- Beat an egg and dip the Rissois in the egg and then in breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry them in oil until golden brown.
- Take them out of the oil and serve them hot, with tomato Ketchup or any freshly made dip.
Your Prawn Rissois is now ready. Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe to make Prawn Rissois.
Please check out our other recipes like Potato Chops Recipe.
Please check our Smart Shops.Tags: portuguese recipe, Prawn Rissois Recipe, prawn starter, seafood recipe