Potato Chops is a traditional Goan dish which is made for almost every feast lunch or dinner such as Christmas, Easter or even on occasions like birthdays, parties etc. It has a good combination of being crispy on the outside while soft on the inside. Normally we put beef, mutton or chicken mince as a filling in the potato chops. Today we will be making Mutton Mince potato chops. Below is a traditional Potato Chops Recipe.
Potato Chops Recipe
- 500 gms Mutton Mince.
- 4 boiled potatoes.
- 8-10 green chilies.
- 1 chopped onion.
- 2 medium tomatoes.
- 1tbsp ginger garlic paste.
- 1 tsp garam masala.
- 1 tsp Cumin powder.
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder.
- 1 tsp coriander powder.
- ½ tsp pepper powder.
- Freshly chopped coriander.
- ½ cup green peas.
- Salt to taste.
- Breadcrumbs or Semolina for frying.
- 1 egg.
- In a pan add oil. Sauté the onions once the oil is hot till they become soft and translucent. Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté well.
- To this mix add chopped tomatoes and green chilies. Once soft add dry spice powders like garam masala, cumin powder, chili powder, coriander powder, pepper powder etc.
- Mix well and cook till the rawness disappears.
- Add the mutton mince and green peas.
- Mix well and cook on low heat. Check for seasoning by adding salt.
- Stir occasionally and ensure that the mince is dry.
- Once cooked, garnish it with chopped coriander.
- Keep aside and let it cool.
- In the meantime boil the potatoes and then peel and mash them.
- Add salt to the mixture. Keep the mashed potatoes aside.
- Take a handful of mashed potatoes and form a small ball.
- Create a hollow in the mash and add a spoon of the prepared mince. Ensure you cover the mash to form a round shape and flatten it to make a pattie shape.
- Dip each chop in egg mixture and then roll it in breadcrumbs. Place them on a plate and keep it in the fridge for 15 mins to set.
- Shallow fry the chops for 5-6 mins on each side, till golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
- Garnish it with tomato and onion slices.
Your Mutton Mince potato chops are ready to be relished.
Hope you enjoyed this Potato Chops Recipe. Please like and comment below.
Please read our Prawn Caldine recipe
Please check out our Smart Shops.Tags: Goan recipies, Mince chops, Potato Chops Recipe