Roast meat is an all-time East Indian favorite. This is a super moist, perfectly seasoned, traditional East Indian tender Pork Roast Recipe which has been passed down from generation to generation in our family. Pork Roast goes very well with Fugias. This Dish is usually made during festive seasons such as Christmas, New Year, Easter or for East Indian Weddings. In today’s recipe I will show you how to make an East Indian Pork Roast.
East Indian Pork Roast
Ingredients Required for the East Indian Pork Roast –
- 2 Kg fresh pork meat with bone or boneless.
- 1 tablespoon salt or as per your requirement.
- 1 full lemon juice.
- 2 tablespoons homemade vinegar – Optional because in my case I only use Lemon Juice for Pork Roast.
- 5 to 6 whole green Elaichi’s.
- 2 sticks Dalchini.
- 6 to 8 Cloves.
- 10 black Peppercorns.
- 4 pieces Tej pata.
- 8 whole red Kashmiri chillies soaked in water to soften.
- 1 to 2 roughly chopped tomatoes (the reason I use tomatoes in my roast is because it avoids drying up the dish and helps the roast to retain all of its juices and goodness in the gravy. Without the tomatoes, the pork roast would turn up dry).
- 1 teaspoon fresh Garam Masala.
- Add once again a little bit of salt.
- 3 spoons of Cooking Oil
Method Of Preparation –
- 2kg fresh pork meat, preferably the Undercut. Chop the meat into medium-sized pieces.
- Thoroughly wash it with water for 3 to 4 times.
- Transfer this Pork meat into a perforated colander.
- Take 1 tablespoon of salt. Rub the same on the meat and set it aside to drain off all the excess water.
- Once the pork meat is drained off all its excess water, take a large heavy bottom vessel and drop in all the drained salted pork meat. Then one by one add in all of the above ingredients, including the Oil.
- Give it a nice mix and gently stir to spice it up at all corners of the meat.
- Leave this pork meat to marinate for atleast 4 hours prior to cooking or still better if it is left overnight for 8 hours or more. Place this pork meat in refrigerator to marinate.
- Fire up the Gas burner to medium heat.
- Place your vessel with the marinated pork meat alongwith all its spices and juices.
- Initially cook these pieces of pork meat from all sides over medium to high heat.
- Then reduce the heat to low and cook the meat with a closed lid with water on top of the lid.
- However in case you are using a pressure cooker then cook the same for 15 to 20 minutes until the meat is soft, juicy and tender.
- Once you realize that the meat is almost cooked is when you take off the lid and allow the water to evaporate.
- This will give that golden roasted look for your Roasted Pork.
- Add a bit more salt if you have to and squeeze more lemon juice or add an additional pinch of Garam masala.
- Get that salty sour taste to your meat.
- Once you are satisfied with your Roasted Pork, remove and serve the same accompanied with Fugias, Appam, naram or kadak Pav.
P.S : This receipe is duly published from Smartercusines.com after receiving their permission.
Tags: East Indian Pork Roast