In today’s recipe we will show you how to make Orange Cranberry Cupcakes.
You should definitely try out these tasty orange cranberry muffins. These are quick and easy to make and the kids will absolutely love these cakes. They can be topped with some lovely orange and mint frosting that will definitely delight the pallet.
You can watch the video here or follow the step by step instructions below.
Orange Cranberry Cupcakes
- All purpose flour / maida – 1 1/2 cups
- Baking Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Greek Yogurt/Hung curd – ¾ cup
- Vegetable Oil – 6 tbsp
- Castor sugar – ¾ cup
- Orange juice – ½ cup (use fresh or packaged)
- Orange Zest – 1 tsp (optional)
- Chopped cranberries – ¼ cup and few chopped pistachios for garnishing (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C. Grease a 7 inch loaf tin with butter and sprinkle some flour over it.
2. In a bowl sieve together maida, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In another bowl, whisk together sugar and yogurt until the sugar dissolves completely.
4. Add the orange juice, oil and orange zest and mix until incorporated.
5. Mix the wet and dry ingredients carefully and avoid over mixing them.
6. Mix and coat the chopped cranberries with some flour so that they avoid sinking to the bottom and add to them to the batter.
7. Pour the batter in a pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Check with a toothpick or knife to see if the cake is done.
8. Cool the cake in a pan for 15-20 minutes before taking it out and then cool it completely on a wire rack.
9. To make the glaze :
- Mix the powdered or the icing sugar with the juice until it forms a thick consistency, which is easy to pour.
- Add sugar / juice to adjust consistency, as required.
- Pour over the cake.
10. Rest the cake for 20-25 minutes in the fridge before slicing for clean slices, as the cake is very moist and soft.
Your Orange Cranberry Cupcakes are ready
To Make the frosting for Orange Cranberry Cupcakes
- Butter – 200gms
- Sugar – 200gms
- Vanilla Essence – 1tsp
- Orange juice – 3 – 4 tbsp or Orange Essence
- 1tsp Orange Colour (opt)
Mix cream, butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the rest and beat well. Fill it in the cones and then pipe it on the cupcakes.
Your Orange Cranberry Cupcakes are ready to be relished.
Hope you have enjoyed this article on how to make delicious Orange Cranberry Cupcakes. For more similar articles and recipes please like and subscribe to our Youtube channel and Newsletter.Tags: easy cupcakes recipe, Orange Cranberry Cupcakes