This in one more chocolate cookie cake which can be easily made at home. It does not require baking and can be easily made as a tea time snack.
No Bake Choco-Cookie Cake
- 800g digestive biscuits, tea biscuits.
- 100g nuts(walnuts, cashewnuts) toasted, slightly chopped.
- Chocolate Syrup.
- 1 cup (200g) sugar.
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1 cup (240 ml) water.
- 2/3 cup (150g) butter.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Chocolate Frosting.
- 1/2 cup (120 g) Amul cream (35% fat).
- 120g bittersweet chocolate, chopped.
How to prepare No Bake Choco-Cookie Cake.
1. Break the biscuits and cookies into small pieces or chunks into a large bowl.
2. Now heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and toast the nuts for about 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently in order to toast evenly. Now add the toasted nuts over the biscuits.
3. Prepare the chocolate syrup. In a medium saucepan add sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to
combine and gradually add water while stirring, to combine well. Add the butter and place over medium heat. Bring to boil the mixture for about 7-8 minutes stirring constantly so that lumps are not formed. Remove the same from the heat and add vanilla extract. Keep it aside to cool slightly for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Pour the syrup slowly over the biscuits and nuts and combine well using a large spatula or spoon.
5. Transfer the mixture to a 9 inch (23 cm) non-stick round cake ware or a silicon mold, else use a parchment paper.
6. Press well using the back of the spoon or an offset spatula.
7. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to 1hr before preparing the Chocolate Frosting.
Prepare Chocolate Icing –
1. Place cream in a small saucepan and heat until it just begins to boil.
2. Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
3. Pour the prepared icing over the chocolate biscuit cake and keep it in the refrigerator to set for about 3-4 hours or better still overnight before serving.
4. Decorate with toasted nuts if desired. Cut into slices and serve.
Your No Bake Choco-Cookie Cake is now ready. We would encourage you to try these easy chocolate cake recipes which will be loved by everyone at home.
Hope you enjoyed reading this post on No Bake Choco-Cookie Cake. For more similar articles please like and subscribe to our Smarter Cuisines Cooking Channel.Tags: No Bake Choco-Cookie Cake