In continuation with series of healthy cakes, today we will be sharing with you the recipe of Lemon yoghurt cake. Lemon and yoghurt are both healthy and this combination helps us in making our cake unique. This cake has a slightly sweet and tangy flavor which makes it distinct and unique. In this article we give you the Lemon Yoghurt Cake Recipe.
Lemon Yoghurt Cake Recipe
So here’s how you make Lemon Yoghurt Cake
- 75 grams caster sugar (1/3 cup).
- 125 grams yoghurt (1/2 cup), at room temperature.
- 3 tablespoons oil.
- 1 egg, at room temperature.
- ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Zest of ½ lemon.
- 100 grams all-purpose flour (3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon).
- ½ teaspoon baking powder.
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda.
- A pinch of salt.
- Preheat the Oven to 175 degrees celsius.
- Measure sugar, yoghurt, oil, egg, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest directly into a large mixing bowl and whisk together until incorporated.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk in gently until just incorporated.
- Use a spatula and scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl to make sure all the flour mixture is incorporated.
- Grease a 5-inch cake tin and line the bottom with baking parchment and set it aside.
- Scrape the batter into the cake tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until a knife tip inserted into the cake comes out clean without anything stuck to it.
- If the top is browning too fast, tent it with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Place the cake tin on a wire rack and let the cake cool completely.
- Run a spatula along the sides of the cake tin and turn out the cake.
- Remove the cake in a serving dish.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- Make sure the ingredients are at room temperature before mixing them together – take them out of the refrigerator and place on the table counter for 30 minutes before using.
- For the yoghurt, you can use plain or flavored, full-fat or low-fat whichever you are comfortable.
- For the oil, you can use extra-virgin olive oil or normal vegetable oil.
Your Lemon Yogurt Cake is now ready. Serve and Enjoy
Hope you enjoyed this article Lemon Yoghurt Cake Recipe. For more healthy recipes please like and subscribe to our newsletter.
Please check our earlier recipes like Prawn Rissois Recipe
Please check our Smart Shops.Tags: healthy cakes, Lemon Yoghurt Cake Recipe