Today teenagers are excessively worried at the sight of a pimple. The immediate reaction is to hide and avoid going outside. Acne affects a teenager’s social interaction and is a source of embarrassment. It generally begins at puberty due to hormonal imbalances. In this article we show you How To Treat Hormonal Acne Naturally.
Acne is an inflammatory condition. Overactive sebaceous glands, blocked hair follicles and clogged pores due to excess sebum production attract bacteria. This ultimately results into boils.
How To Treat Hormonal Acne Naturally
We need to understand that some people are more prone to acne than others. Some of the reasons for acne are listed below:
- One of the most prominent reason could be genetic.
- Hormonal imbalances.
- Improper eating habits.
- Diet rich in sugar and saturated fats.
- Deficiency of dietary fibre leading to irregular bowel movements.
- Less water intake.
- Absence of fruits and vegetables in the diet.
- No proper cleansing of the face.
- For girls it might just break out before their menstrual cycle.
- Stress is also an important contributor.
Some basic dos and don’ts of Acne.
- Cleanse your face with natural ingredients.
- Keep the scalp free from dandruff.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables. Salads should be eaten regularly.
- A good sleep of 8 hours is very essential for the body.
- Relax and avoid stress.
- Do not consume sugar and white flour (maida).
- Avoid eating oily and fried food items.
- Do not eat shell fish, prawns and sea food.
- Avoid applying your regular face packs .
Some natural homemade face packs to combat acne are listed below:
Green Face Pack
- 5-6 neem(margosa)leaves
- 10 mint leaves
- ½ cucumber
Wash all the ingredients in lukewarm water. Grind the ingredients in a blender to form a smooth paste. Apply the paste on the acne. Keep it for 5 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. You can apply this pack twice a day.
All Spice Pack.
- 2tbsp green gram lentil powder
- ¼tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4tsp sandalwood powder
- 1 pinch of Clove powder
- Cucumber juice to make a fine paste
Mix green gram lentil, turmeric, sandalwood and clove powder with cucumber juice. Apply over the face and neck. Avoid applying on the eyes. Wash the pack after 5 minutes with cold water. You can apply this pack twice a day.
Aromatic face pack
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 dashes of tea tree oil
- 1 dash of lavender oil
- 2 dashes of neem `
Before using apple cider, apply it on a patch of your hand to test for irritability. If your skin is not irritated, then only use the pack.
Mix all the ingredients and keep it in a bottle. Apply it with cotton. You can apply it 3 times a day and keep this mixture for about 2 days.
Fresh Basil Pack
- 15- 20 basil leaves.
- 1tsp triphala powder
- 1tsp sandalwood powder
Grind the basil leaves. Add triphala and sandalwood powder. Make a thick paste. Mix all the ingredients and apply the pack on the face. Wash the pack after 10 minutes or so with cold water.
These are some of the home made face packs which can give you relief from acne in a natural way.
Hope you enjoyed this article How To Treat Hormonal Acne Naturally. Please read our other article on beauty.Tags: aromatic face pack, green face pack, Homemade natural packs, How To Treat Hormonal Acne Naturally, remedy for acne, teenager skin tips