Pancake Tuesday is also referred to as Shrove Tuesday. It derives its name from ‘shrove’, which means absolution for sins. In the US it is also called ‘Fat Tuesday’ indicating the practice of eating rich and fatty foods before the Lenten fasting. In French, it is called Mardi Gras. In today’s post, we show you How To Make Fluffy Pancakes, especially on pancake Tuesday.
The tradition of mixing all the ingredients for pancakes has come from a pagan ritual. Some others say it is a Christian tradition – with each ingredient representing one of the four important aspects of the faith.
Eggs for creation.
Flour for the sustenance of life.
Salt for wholesomeness.
Milk for purity
How To Make Fluffy Pancakes
Ingredients: For pancake
- Maida – 250 gms
- Eggs – 2 (lightly beaten)
- Oil or butter for coating pan
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- Fresh big coconut – 1 (scrapped)
- Scrapped Jaggery – 3 pyramids (around 1/2 kg)
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Take Maida in a bowl.
- Then add salt and beaten eggs.
- Mix well.
- Prepare a thin batter that should be of dropping consistency.
- Mean while in a bowl add the scraped coconut, jaggery, and cardamom powder and mix well
- Heat a pan, brush oil.
- Then put a ladleful of batter and fry.
- Add the filling in the pancake and roll.
- Now the pancakes are ready to relish.
Your pancakes are ready to be enjoyed. Enjoy your Pancake Tuesday.