We all would love to know some easy household kitchen hacks which can make our lives a lot more manageable. Many a time there are leftovers and unused things in our house, which can easily be utilized for doing other things. When you look in the refrigerator or in the pantry, you will always find things that you don’t need and may want to throw away. Instead of throwing away these unused items, you can use them for cleaning or in other activities. In today’s post, we talk about the top 23 Household Hacks.
Household Hacks –
- You can use the oven to ripen bananas.
- Use a peeled apple to keep your tasty cakes and pastries soft and moist.
- You can grate butter to soften it faster.
- Whipping a cream in a jar will be faster and better.
- Always press a hole in the middle of the burger in order to cook it evenly.
- If you want to clean the tedious coffee grinder, first wipe it with a paper towel and then grind chunks of stale bread which will help clean the coffee grinder.
- Use a salt scrub to clean the cast iron skillet without causing it to rust.
- While cooking vegetables like cauliflower, add a tablespoon of lemon juice to keep its freshness and color intact. Also, if you have leafy vegetables like lettuces which are wilted then you can soak them in water with lemon juice. This will freshen up the leaves.
- You can use a rubber band to loosen a tight jar lid.
- In order to clean the microwave easily, mix vinegar and water and then microwave the solution for a few minutes. The steam will loosen the food inside and will make it easy for you to wipe and clean.
- While checking the freshness of eggs, the eggs which remains down in a bowl of water are fresher while the eggs which float are many days old and should be avoided.
- In order to keep rice and pulses fresh and insect free for a longer time, you can apply oil and mix well and then store the same in a jar. A half cup of oil is good enough for 5kgs to 6kgs of rice.
- Freeze herbs with olive oil or unsalted butter in order to store for a longer time. You can pour olive oil or unsalted butter over different types of herbs and mix well. You can put it in an ice tray and freeze it and then use the same as and when you need it.
- You can remove the carpet dents caused by heavy furniture with the help of ice cubes. Place the ice cubes on the dents caused by heavy furniture and let the carpet get soaked overnight. Next morning cover the area with a cotton cloth and iron it, until it is completely dry. In short, the cold water allows the fibers to spring back to its original shape and ironing it removes the moisture from the carpet.
- If you have a busy schedule, you can freeze a good amount of vegetable stock, chicken stock, tomato puree, spinach puree in ice cube trays or small containers in convenient usable portion sizes. This will reduce your cooking time and will help in making tasty food faster.
- Always freeze things like soups, broth, stock, meat, fish etc., as flat as possible. In this way the flatter and wider you store them, the faster they will freeze or defrost.
- You can shine copper or brass vessels by mixing 2tsp of wheat flour with 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix it well and coat the vessels. Keep it aside for half an hour and then wash it off. You can also take a slice of lemon and rub the vessels to get their gleam back.
- In order to peel off the egg cover of boiled eggs, roll the eggs over and over again on the cutting board. The shell of the eggs will come off easily.
- Keep sliced potatoes white by keeping them in cold water.
- Store your tomatoes upside down (stem should be down) to avoid them from spoiling quickly.
- Prevent brown sugar from hardening by keeping a slice of apple or an orange peel in an airtight container of brown sugar.
- In order to easily juice citrus fruits or lemons, roll them over the cutting board for some time and then cut and squeeze them.
- Whenever you are boiling something, place a wooden spoon in the pan or pot. Wood will not allow the pot to spill over.
These are some easy day to day household hacks which can help in making things a lot easy. We hope you will try some of these hacks.
Hope you have enjoyed this post on Household Hacks. For more, please like and subscribe to our youtube channel.
Please check out our earlier article How to Live a Frugal Life
Please check out our Smart Shops.
Prestige Tru-Edge Kitchen Knife Set with Wooden Block and Free Peeler, 5-Pieces, Black
- Tempered steel blades for strength, sharpness and durability
- High definition serrations for everyday food preparation
- Ergonomic handles for comfortable cutting
- Material: Plastic and Tempered Steel
- Package Contents: 5-Pieces Kitchen Knife Set
POG Sweety Designer Stainless Steel Cutlery Set,Silver
- Durable construction for long-lasting use
- Set of 24 cutlery pieces
- Made from stainless steel
- Great way to keep your kitchen organised
- Color: Silver, Material: Stainless Steel
Flintstop Camera Lens Coffee Mug
- Uniquely designed coffee mug shaped in the form of a camera lens
- Excellent gift for photographers
- Cup lid with a sipping hole
- Stainless steel interior for preventing odours in your beverages
- Lid helps keep your drink hot or cold for a long time
MPU Value Mart Marble Finish Tabla Shape Tea Cups, 130 ml, Set of 6 Pieces, Multicolour
- Add a touch of style to your coffee table with these exquisitely designed cups
- Useful for serving tea, coffee and other beverages
- Made from high quality ceramic, Ergonomic handles for an easy grip, Easy to clean and maintain
- Colour: Multicolour, Material: Ceramic
- Package Contents: 6-Pieces Cups (Capacity: 130 ml)
Pari Enterprises kv ucp 6 Pieces Cup Set Marble Finish/Matt Finish of Multi Colour with Great Design Border (6 Cup) (ceramic); 150 ml Cup
- Material: Good grade Ceramic
- Microwave / Freezer / Dishwasher safe
- Package Contents : 6 Cup
- All Products are Made with Finest Quality and Food Grade Glazes and Colours
- Care Instructions: Handle with care; Wash gently with a mild detergent; Avoid harsh abrasives
Servewell Pink Blossoms Round Side Plate Set of 6
- Non toxic and hygienic
- Stain free
- Glazed finish
- Heat resistant up to temperatures of 140 degree centigrade
- Long lasting designs