This year start following the 30-minute rule…no matter how busy you are, how many chores you have yet to complete…find 30 minutes each day just for yourself.
In the last 10 years of my 25 years + practice, I have seen a surge in hormonal imbalances, which along with thyroid imbalances and insulin imbalances make up more than fifty percent of my daily case studies. When working with clients with hormonal imbalances the common complaints include heavy/scanty menstrual bleeding, infertility, hot flushes, the growth of facial hair, weight gain, hair loss and thinning of hair, loss of libido, vaginal dryness, decreased pelvic floor function, decreased bone density and sluggish thyroid function.
Hormones in food contribute to premature menstruation and hormonal imbalances. Hormone injected, highly processed, pesticide-laden, salty or sugary foods are rampant in all our grocery stores. Little girls, as young as 7 and 8 years of age, are showing signs of early menstruation and young women, who have not yet crossed 35, are going into early menopause….and this is scary!
Naturopathy offers a number of ways to correct what ails our system and to restore good physical and mental health. Natural foods can help balance your hormones with fewer side effects as compared to chemical hormones and their association with cancer.
Here are some things you can do to maintain a healthier femininity and libido along with hormonal balance:
- Exercise daily..cardiac and pelvic exercises.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Include a tbsp coconut oil, a tsp of medicinal ghee, a tsp of shatavari or kadipatta powder or maca root powder, a few almonds, 2 walnuts and plenty of mixed seeds (flax, chia, sunflower, melon, cucumber, pumpkin etc) in your daily diet.
- Avoid processed white/table sugar.
- Eat healthy carbs like jowar, bajra, ragi, quinoa, rajgira, red rice and brown rice Opt for organic eggs, meat and fish.
- Avoid canned/processed meats, cold cuts, sausages etc.
- Ensure that you are eating sufficient fiber and drinking enough water to prevent constipation.
- Check for vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- Ultimately, it is a balanced lifestyle (food, exercise, stress management) and not a pill that will eventually bring balance to your hormones…and lead you to hormonal bliss!!!
Once you are balanced, your husband, children, friends, and work-mates will rally around you…and not run away from you …Enjoy your interactions with them. Stay blessed with good health ….always!!!
Hope you enjoyed this article Hormonal Bliss. For more similar articles please like and subscribe to our Newsletter and Youtube channel smartwomanworld.