In this hectic lifestyle, we have very little time for ourselves. Women are so hard pressed for time, while juggling between their home and work responsibilities, that they find very little time for themselves. Even going to the neighbourhood beauty parlour for a relaxing pedicure becomes a next to impossible task. While we do so much of running around, the feet are the most neglected part of the body. In this post, we give you some Homemade Pedicure Foot Soak Ideas.
Many times we notice that women are so well groomed, as they take extremely good care of their face but at the same time they completely neglect their legs and feet. Remember the feet have vital nerves, which help in keeping the body healthy. Therefore it is important to take good care of the feet also.
It is relaxing when you do a good pedicure. All you need is to have items like a pumice stone, cuticle pusher, nail cleaner, nail brush, loofah, filer, moisturizer, cream, acetone, herbal or natural shampoo, honey, essential aromatic oils like lavender, frankincense, geranium, sandalwood, eucalyptus etc. Along with these, you need hot water and towels. You can also get some rose flower petals or marigold flowers for a good soothing feeling.
First of all, let us look at the details of the cleansing procedure for a good pedicure –
- Clean the nails by removing the dirt, cutting them and filing them in proper shape.
- Take a tub filled with warm water and add fresh lemon slices, little natural shampoo and rose or marigold petals.
- Apply little cream on the nails and dip your legs in a tub filled with warm water.
- One the feet are softened, then start cleaning the nails and the feet with the help of a brush.
- Use a pumice stone to remove the dead skin on the heels.
- Now pat your legs dry and start using the cuticle pusher.
- Clean the nails of the legs.
- Rub the lemon slices on the feet in order to get a glow on the skin.
- Use the loofah to remove the dead skin from the feet.
- Take a little moisturizing cream or honey and massage the same on the feet.
- Wipe your legs with warm towels and your basic relaxing pedicure is done.
Homemade Pedicure Foot Soak Ideas
Let us look in detail at some of the easy Homemade and Natural DIY Pedicure tips.
1. Clean and Prep your nails.
It is very important to clean your nails and remove the old nail paint with a nail paint remover. Clip your nails using a nail cutter. Cut your nails properly by cutting across straight and not cutting the corners too deep. Decide on a comfortable shape for your nails i.e. either square, oval or pointed. This is an important step which must be kept in mind before starting any pedicure.
2. Soak your feet in warm water.
This is one of the most relaxing experiences of the entire pedicure procedure. Soaking your feet in aromatic warm water relaxes your feet. You can add any of the aromatic essential oils like lavender, frankincense, geranium etc. Add slices of one lemon in the warm water.
Follow the below to give your feet a relaxing aromatic pedicure –
- Take warm water in a tub. Add a couple of drops of any of the aromatic oils of your choice. You can use lavender, frankincense, vanilla or even eucalyptus oil.
- You can also add a half cup of Epson salt to the water. It acts as a great exfoliator. It further softens and soothens any inflammations, rough skin etc.
- Now take the lemon and scrub it on the feet. This will lighten the dark spots and cleanse your skin.
- Now soak your feet in the water and relax or read a book for around 15 minutes or so. Listen to some soothing music or just go off to sleep.
- After 15 minutes scrub your feet with a pumice stone or any foot filer.
3. Dry and scrub your feet.
After relaxing for about 15 to 20 minutes, dry your feet with a clean towel. Apply cream on your toenails. The cream will help in softening the toenails. Scrub the dead skin by using a foot filer or a pumice stone.
One of the main reasons for the hardening of the skin on the heels or cracking of the skin on the heels, is that the dead skin has not been removed from time to time. While removing the skin be firm but don’t hurt your heel.
Try and remove the dead skin. Now remove the cream from the cuticles and push your cuticles with a cuticle pusher. Cuticles are the soft skin below the bottom of the nail. Never cut the cuticle, just push them back so that it promotes the growth of healthy nails. Wipe your feet with a towel.
Now use a natural foot scrub to exfoliate the skin. Some of the natural food scrubs are listed below :
a. Herbal Foot Scrub
- 8-10 Neem leaves.
- 5-6 Mint leaves.
- 6-8 shredded marigold flowers.
- 6-7 tbsp of rose water.
- 2 dashes of lavender oil.
- Add all the above ingredients in a half-filled tub of warm water.
- Now soak your legs in the water.
- Try to crush the neem, marigold and mint leaves with your legs.
- Soak your feet for about 15-20 minutes and then wipe them dry.
b. Sandalwood Foot Scrub
- 4 dashes of sandalwood oil.
- ¼ cup of sandalwood paste. (this can be made from raw sandalwood sticks or from sandalwood powder).
- 1 sliced cucumber.
- 3-4 tsp of rosewater.
- Take warm or slightly hot water in a tub.
- Add sandalwood oil and rose water in the warm water.
- Now add slices of cucumber to the water.
- Keep your feet in the water for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrub your feet with cucumber slices.
- Remove your feet and pat them dry with a towel.
- Apply the sandalwood paste on the feet and let them dry.
- After 15 minutes, when the scrub has dried, put your feet back in the water and remove the foot scrub.
- You will find your feet smooth and soft.
4. Moisturize your feet by applying a moisturizer.
Now that your feet are clean and fresh, you need to apply a moisturizer to make your feet feel and look good. Take any good moisturizer and massage your feet, ankles and calf muscles for about 10 to 15 minutes. Once you are done, you can also apply a fresh coat of nail polish or leave it alone.
There are many benefits of a good pedicure. Now you don’t need to spend money on getting a good pedicure. With the above instructions, you can take advantage of a good pedicure in the comfort of your home.
Hope you enjoyed this post on Homemade Pedicure Foot Soak Ideas. If you have any questions please comment below and like and subscribe to our Newsletter.
Please read our earlier article Himalaya Face Packs For Glowing Skin
Please check out our Smart ShopTags: Foot Massage, Homemade Pedicure Foot Soak Ideas, Manicure, Natural pedicure