Turmeric belongs to the ginger family and is widely known for its medicinal value. We Indians use turmeric is most of our daily cooking. This spice is a must in every Indian kitchen. In our growing up years, we remember our grandma giving us warm turmeric milk for cold, fever and throat congestion. In today’s post we will talk about the many Health Benefits Of Turmeric.
Today, modern research has clear evidence to confirm the various health benefits of turmeric. It is loaded with nutrients like dietary fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin K, C, E, potassium and calcium.
Turmeric is a spice which is used, not only in the flavoring of food but also in many natural beauty treatments as it has medicinal properties. It is mostly grown in Asia and requires an average temperature of 25 – 30 degrees C with proper rainfall.
Health Benefits Of Turmeric
Let us look at the 9 Amazing health benefits of turmeric
1. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties
Turmeric contains curcumin, a substance which has anti-inflammatory properties which helps in preventing bacteria from attacking the body. It’s natural and strong anti-inflammatory properties helps in preventing the development of diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, joint pains, Alzheimer’s disease etc.
2. Turmeric lowers the risk of heart disease
Research has indicated that curcumin found in turmeric helps in improving the lining of the blood vessels in the heart. It further helps in reducing inflammation and oxidation, which helps in preventing heart diseases. It also helps in regulating the homocysteine levels, which controls the cholesterol level and gives better heart health.
3. Turmeric has high anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties
Whenever we get hurt, have bruises, cuts etc., the first thing that mom did was to put a pinch of turmeric on the wound. Initially though the same would burn, later on, it would be fine. Turmeric is known for its anti-bacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also a good healing agent.
4. Turmeric improves the Immune system
It consists of curcumin an antioxidant which helps in fighting off free radical attacks, thus protecting the body. Further, it also helps in boosting our antioxidant enzymes. Free radicals are cancer-causing agents which interfere with normal cell growth. A daily glass of fresh turmeric juice helps in keeping away diseases like cancer.
Rs. 210 Rs. 199
5. Turmeric helps in keeping good brain health
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric helps in avoiding memory loss and other neurological disorders. Research has indicated that turmeric helps in toning down the brain inflammation, especially in the case of Alzheimer’s disease. Further turmeric also helps in reversing age-related brain diseases. It helps in improving memory and makes you more sharp and intelligent.
6. Turmeric helps in digestion
Turmeric helps in digestion by reducing gas, constipation and bloating. Turmeric juice also helps in easing digestion by increasing the metabolic rate in the body. So you can have turmeric milk, turmeric juice, turmeric in warm water, turmeric with ginger tea etc., to fight acidity and gas.
Turmeric juice is known to detoxify the liver and prevent diseases like hepatitis and jaundice. It helps in balancing the two liver secretions, bilirubin and biliverdin and thus keeps the liver safe.
7. Turmeric helps in fighting depression
Turmeric has curcumin, which also acts effectively as an anti-depressant. It helps in boosting serotonin and dopamine, which helps in boosting the mood. Therefore many people have a glass of warm turmeric milk before going to sleep as it helps them to relax and get good sleep.
8. Turmeric is very good for the skin and body
Turmeric is used in many natural and herbal beauty packs. It is one of the most effective and cheap ways of treating skin problems.
Some of the health benefits of turmeric for the skin are listed below:
- It helps in the treatment of acne. A turmeric and sandalwood powder paste helps in removing acne scars and also helps in reducing the oil secretion from the sebaceous glands.
- Turmeric is used in many face packs for dry skin, oily skin and normal skin, as it helps clear all blemishes and makes the skin glow.
- Tumeric helps in anti-aging as it is an exfoliating agent, which helps in removing wrinkles and also helps in the brightening of the skin.
- Turmeric is used for removing tanning and skin pigmentation.
- Turmeric is used in different face masks for e.g. add turmeric to milk or yoghurt and chickpea powder and then apply the paste to the face to get a glowing skin.
9. Turmeric is good for the hair
- Turmeric helps in hair growth and can also treat scalp conditions. Some of the health benefits of turmeric on hair are listed below –
- Turmeric helps in the treatment of dandruff. You can add a little turmeric to olive oil and then apply the same on the scalp. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- Turmeric helps in preventing hair loss. Turmeric mixed with milk and a little honey can nourish the hair. Keep it on for 30 minutes and then rinse the hair.
- Turmeric helps in the treatment of itchy, flaky skin and also in the treatment of fungal infections.
These are some of the amazing health benefits of turmeric. It is an easy and cheap spice which is available throughout the year. You can include it in cooking, beauty and hair treatments etc. This is one spice which we would encourage you to include in your daily diet.
Hope you enjoyed this article Health Benefits Of Turmeric. For more similar articles please like and subscribe to our newsletter.Tags: Health Benefits Of Turmeric