Grapes are one of the tastiest fruits and are actually berries. They grow in bunches and in almost all parts of the world. Grapes are loaded with vitamins, phosphorus, folate, calcium, iron and other minerals. There are more than 1000 varieties of grapes, each unique in taste, flavor and color. In this article, we talk in detail of the many Health Benefits Of Grapes.
Some of the Interesting fun facts about grapes are listed below :
- Grapes originated from Spain.
- Grapes are like berries.
- Always choose grapes which are plum, unblemished, firmly attached to its stem and evenly coloured.
- While buying the grapes hold the bunch by its stem and shake them. If they fall, then they have been stored for a long time.
- Unwashed grapes can be kept in a plastic bag, in the refrigerator for later use.
- Some of the popular varieties of grapes are white grapes, green grapes, red grapes, blue or black grapes.
Health Benefits of Grapes
Let us look at some of the Top Health Benefits of grapes.
1. Grapes are rich in antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Grapes have high antibacterial and antiviral properties. This helps in protecting the skin from many infections. The antiviral properties of grapes are effective in treating and preventing virus attacks on the body.
2. Grapes give relief against constipation.
Grapes are rich in natural sugar, organic acid and polyose, which helps in giving good bowel movements. If you are suffering from constipation, then you should be aware of the health benefits of grape juice. Grapes also have insoluble fiber that helps in the smooth excretion of stool.
Grapes help in boosting digestion and giving relief to stomach irritation. Many nutritionists recommend grape juice for relieving constipation and a bloated stomach. Grapes help in relieving chronic constipation by toning up the stomach.
3. Grapes help in boosting the brain health.
Grapes are rich in resveratrol, which helps to increase the flow of blood to the brain. Grapes are brain food which help in boosting the brain power. Further resveratrol also helps to increase the longevity of life.
One of the health benefits of grape juice is that it helps in giving relief against migraines and headaches. The antioxidants like riboflavin helps in giving relief for migraines. A glass of grape juice early morning on an empty stomach gives lots of health benefits. This ripe grape juice must be pure without any addition of water. Grapes are also found to help in enhancing the brain health and in preventing neuro-degenerative diseases.
4. Grapes are good for the vision and in boosting the immune system.
Grapes are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, which are good for the eyes. Grapes help in preventing age-related loss of vision or macular degeneration. Many health experts recommend the regular consumption of grapes for better vision.
Further grapes are packed with flavonoids, minerals, and vitamins like C, K and A, which help in boosting the immune system. This helps in reducing common cold and other diseases.
5. Grapes are good for the heart.
The antioxidants like resveratrol present in grapes helps in improving the blood circulation and in lowering the blood pressure. Further, as the blood pressure is under control it prevents cardiovascular diseases.
Grapes also increase the nitric oxide levels in the blood, which in turn prevents blood clots. Grapes are rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, which prevent free radicals from damaging the body. It also helps in reducing the LDL levels in the body.
6. Grapes are good for the skin.
Many beauty experts recommend fresh grape pulp for exotic beauty treatments. Some of the health benefits of grapes on the skin are listed below :
- Grapes are good for removing sunburns. Apply fresh mashed grape pulp to the affected body parts and wash it off after 30 minutes.
- Grapes help in toning the skin and reversing the aging process. It acts as a natural anti-aging remedy. It has vitamin C that helps in the formation of collagen, which in turn helps in retaining the skin elasticity.
- Grapes are great exfoliating agents that help in making the skin soft, smooth and supple. Scrubbing the skin with grape seed extract, which is rich in vitamin E, will remove the dead cells and make the skin healthy.
- Grape juice helps in improving the skin tone due to the presence of polyphenols.
- Grapes also help in lightening the scars, especially caused by acne. The vitamin C present helps in fading the scars.
- Health benefits of grape seed oil are well known in aromatherapy.
7. Grapes are good for the hair.
Grapes are not only good for the skin but they are also good for the hair. Let us look at some of the health benefits of grapes on the hair.
- Grape juice or grape pulp helps in stopping the hair loss. Linoleic acid present in grapes and grape seed oil helps in strengthening the follicles and making the hair strong and healthy.
- Grape juice helps in adding shine and volume to the hair.
- Black grape juice is full of vitamin E and antioxidants, which helps in removing dandruff and improving the blood circulation in the scalp.
Uses of grapes and How to use Grape seed essential oil.
- Dried grapes are called raisins, which are healthy and can be used in many dishes like cakes, bread, tarts, pies etc.
- Grapes can be used in smoothies and salads.
- Grape seed oil is very good for the hair.
- Grape seed oil is also very good for the skin and is used in many natural beauty treatments.
These are some of the health benefits of grapes. There are many other health benefits of grape juice and grape seed oil. We would encourage you to eat grapes during the season, as it will boost your health.
Hope you have enjoyed reading this article on the Health Benefits Of Grapes. For more similar articles please subscribe to our Smart Woman World Youtube Channel.
Please read our earlier article Health Benefits of Sugarcane Juice.Tags: health benefit sof grape seeds, health benefits of grape juice, Health Benefits Of Grapes