One of my favorite Goan dishes is Fish Cutlets. It’s quick and easy to make and can be served as a quick snack and appetizer. The kids just love it and it goes well with anything. This is prepared by mixing shredded fish, spices and other ingredients. It is then pan fried with a coating of maida or breadcrumbs to get a crispy taste. In this recipe we make use of Mackerels, but any type of fish can also be used. Today we give you our secret Fish Cutlet Recipe .
Fish cutlets are quick and easy to make and can be prepared in under 90 minutes.
Prep Time: 90 mins
Servings 3 -4
In this post let us have a look at a traditional Fish Cutlet Recipe .
Fish Cutlet Recipe
Ingredients for Fish Cutlet Recipe:
- Fish (mackerels) – 250 gms
- Onions – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
- Slice bread – 2 (soaked for 20 mins in water)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Breadcrumbs or Maida (for coating)
- Salt – to taste
- Vegetable Oil – shallow frying
Method to prepare Fish Cutlet Recipe :
- Boil the fish apply salt and keep aside for some time.
- Add the soaked bread slices to all the ingredients.
- Then add the shredded fish and mix well.
- In a pan, add oil and wait until it’s heated.
- Take breadcrumbs in a dish.
- Take little of the mixture in your hand and shape it in the form of cutlets.
- Then coat it with semolina and shallow fry it till it is nice brown in color or till the cutlets are cooked.
Your tasty Fish Cutlet is ready to be relished with paratha or bread. You can also eat it as an appetizer with tomato Ketchup or Mint Chutney. You can also eat this with Indian Poori’s.
Want more awesome Goan Recipes like this one? Check out our Mushroom Xacuti Recipe.
Hope you enjoyed this article Fish Cutlet Recipe . Please like and comment on the article below.