Aromatherapy facial is very popular and has a lot of skin benefits. Most times it is done in a spa, where it is expensive. In reality, you can add some of these essential oils, depending upon your type of the skin, to any of your natural homemade face packs and the result can be a refreshed glowing skin. In this article, we’ll talk about Essential Oils For Skin Care.
Every woman likes to pamper her skin and facials are one of the best ways to relax and refresh the skin. You can add scented essential oils like lavender oil, tea tree oil, sandalwood oil, rosemary oil, geranium oil, frankincense oil, ylang-ylang oil etc. Most of these oils are expensive and can be found in specialized stores.
Adding just a couple of drops of these essential aromatic oils can help you enjoy a lot of skin benefits. Research has indicated that sweet and fragrant smells help in boosting your psychological and physical well-being. Any good smell will automatically uplift your mood and make you feel happy. One of the important benefits is that it elevates the person’s mind and body with its fragrant smell.
In the past, many Queens of Royal Kingdoms used lovely aromatic scents in their beauty treatment to enjoy a holistic beauty experience. This led to the development of aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is blending cosmetic and beauty products along with the use of scented essential oils extracted from flowers, plants, herbs, spices etc., which is used in skin or body packs.
Aromatherapy facials are very popular due to its aromatic cleansing, toning, moisturising etc. It removes the dead skin cells and helps you get a radiant and glowing skin. An aromatherapy facial starts with an aromatherapy facial steam followed by facial exfoliation, then a gentle aroma facial massage and finally applying the aromatherapy facial mask.
Essential Oils For Skin Care –
1. Soothes your skin.
Most of the essential oils used in aromatherapy facial are soothing on your skin. Aromatic oils like lavender oil is good for calming your irritated skin, while tea tree oil, lemongrass oil or even geranium oil helps to remove acne and restore the skin.
It is important to take the advice of any aromatic specialist on the type of oil that can be used on your skin. Different oils have different impacts on the skin. Therefore it is advisable to know your skin type and then use a particular aromatic oil(s). Many beauty experts also advise blending of two or more types of aromatic oils in their face packs to give good skin benefits.
2. Helps in removing dead skin and exfoliating the skin.
Some essential oils are used effectively in anti-ageing and beauty face packs, which help in exfoliation. These natural face scrubs with aromatic oils help in peeling off the rough, dry and flaky skin. You can use aromatic oils to exfoliate your skin. But if your skin is too sensitive then you need to be careful in the selection of these face packs. Some aromatic oils which are very good for exfoliation are basil oil, lemongrass oil, tea tree oil and geranium oil etc.
First, you are given an aromatic facial steam, which helps in cleaning the pores and removing the dirt from the skin. Then you use an aromatic facial scrub for removing the dead cells and making the skin look smooth and healthy.
3. Helps in relaxing.
Relaxation of your mind and body in a fragrant environment is one of the most important benefits of aromatherapy facial. The aromatic oils like lavender oil, rose oil, sandalwood oil, peppermint oil, vanilla oil etc., help in soothing the senses and mood. They help the body to calm down and relax.
People who suffer from sleep disorders are advised to apply some aromatic essential oil in order to relax and get better sleep. It relieves stress and also enhances beauty.
4. Essential Oil facial can be easily done at home.
First and foremost get your skin type checked and get expert advice on the type of essential aromatic oil that you can use. You can try the DIY facial aromatherapy at home.
Some of the tips for doing DIY Essential Oils facial at home are listed below –
1. Make your room comfortable with dim lights and aromatic candles or scent.
2. The different types of oils used for different types of skin are listed below –
- Dry Skin – Sandalwood oil, rose oil, Jasmine oil.
- Oily Skin – Lemongrass oil, tea tree oil, geranium oil, orange oil.
- Normal Skin – Chamomile oil, Jasmine oil, Rose oil, Lavender oil.
- Sensitive Skin – Vetiver oil, Neroli Oil, Jasmine oil.
3. Wash your face with clean water and then apply fresh aloe vera gel on your face.
4. Keep it on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Now take an aromatic facial steam by mixing your choicest aromatic essential oils. Add a couple of drops to hot water in a small pot. Cover yourself with a heavy towel and take the hot or warm steam.
6. Wipe your face and apply your natural massage cream, mix it with a dash of essential oils and apply it on your face. Gently massage your face and neck with the cream.
7. You can make different types of natural face packs (please read our article). All you need is to add a couple of drops of essential oil to these face packs. For e.g. Mix yoghurt, honey, rosewater, sandalwood powder with a few drops of lavender or rose oil. Apply the face pack and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash your face with clean water for glowing skin.
8. Finally, add a couple of drops of lavender oil or geranium oil to water and use it as a toner.
Though Essential Oils facials are very popular, yet is not advised for people suffering from asthma, high blood pressure, epilepsy and even pregnant women.
Finally, there are many amazing benefits of Essential Oils facials which can be easily done at home without going in for an expensive spa treatment. You can enjoy the same beautiful aromatic experience at home at a much lower cost. So do try the homemade DIY aromatherapy facial.
Hope you enjoyed this article Essential Oils For Skin Care.
Please read our earlier article Natural Skin Care Tips
Please check out our Smart ShopsTags: aromatherapy, Essential Oils For Skin Care, lavender oil, lemon grass oil, natural oils, sandalwood oil, tree oil