4 Slices of Bacon
1 Cup Butter
3 Egg Yolks
1 tablespoon of fresh cream.
1 dash of cayenne pepper.
½ tablespoon of lemon juice.
4 Bun bread , split and toasted.
To Make Hollandaise Sauce:
1.Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water. Make sure that water from the below pan does not touch the top pan. Bring water to a slight simmer. In the top pan of the double boiler, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tablespoon water.
2. Add the melted butter slowly to egg yolk mixture 1 or 2 tablespoons at a time while whisking yolks at the same time. If hollandaise begins to get too thick, add a teaspoon or two of hot water. Continue whisking until all butter is put in it. Whisk in salt, then remove from heat. Close with a lid and keep aside.
To Poach Eggs:
1. Fill a large pan with some water. Bring water to a slight simmer, then add vinegar to it. Slowly break the eggs into simmering water, and allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes only. Yolks should be soft inside. Remove eggs from water slowly with a big flat spoon and set it on a plate
2. Take a frying pan and put a dash of oil and cook the bacon.
3. Slightly toast the Bun Breads after splitting in half.
4. Apply butter on the toasted bread buns , place a slice of bacon, followed by a poached egg. Slowly Drizzle the hollandaise sauce.
5. Sprinkle with herbs or chives and serve it hot.
Your Egg Benedict is ready to eat.
Did you like the article above and want more tips delivered straight to your inbox every week? Then subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
continental cuisine, easy recipes, egg benedict, poached eggs