In today’s world, wherein women do not have the luxury of an entire day to prepare healthy and nutritious family meals, it is always good to have an arsenal of quick and healthy cooking tips in your pocket. Sometimes the smallest changes can make all the difference to a meal. In this post, we provide you with a list of 20 simple and easy Cooking Tips For Beginners.
Cooking Tips For Beginners
Below you will find a list of 20 small changes that you can make which would enhance the flavour of your Home cooked meals –
1. While frying anything, remember that the oil temperature should be just right. If it’s too hot then you will burn the food and if it’s not then the food will absorb a lot of oil.
2. In order to make crispy fried dishes like puris, always add a little sooji or rava to the batter mix.
3. To make soft chapattis, add a little milk or fresh yoghurt to it.
4. For non-sticky rice add a single drop of oil.
5. Add little ice water and corn flour to make tasty and crispy pakoras.
6. Always use a deep bottomed saucepan to make curries. This helps to avoid splashing.
7. Toasted rava, nuts, spices and coconut add additional flavour to the food.
8. In order to prevent the discoloration of potatoes, eggplant and green bananas soak them in water before cooking. Add small amounts of lemon juice to prevent the discoloration of apples, bananas and peaches.
Rs. 295 Rs. 263
9. Nuts can be stored in the refrigerator to increase their shelf life.
10. Beat the curd/ yoghurt nicely before adding to gravies or biryani mix.
11. In order to prevent the pasta or noodles from sticking to each other, run the same under cold water immediately after boiling and then drain the excess water. Also, while cooking you could add some olive oil.
12. Always make your ginger garlic, green chilly coriander paste in bulk and keep it in the fridge.
13. Grate the full coconut and freeze it and then use the same according to your needs.
14. Always boil extra potatoes, cauliflower, carrots and peas as they can be easily used in making quick snacks like vegetable stuffed paranthas and soups.
15. To store fish for a long time you should clean the fish and apply salt and turmeric to it.
16. Never wash the vegetables after peeling or chopping. They will lose their nutrients and vitamins.
17. Apples, peaches, pears and most of the other fruits should be eaten with the skin as the skin contains a huge amount of vitamins.
18. The smaller the baking item the higher is the baking temperature.
19. Store spices in a cool and dark place and not above the gas stove. The heat will destroy the taste and flavor.
20. Cook pasta for one minute less than the instructions given. You can continue to cook the pasta for the remaining one minute after mixing the ingredients in the pan.
Hope you have enjoyed reading the above article. Also, please read our earlier article on Cooking on budget.
Please also check out our Smart Deals.Tags: cooking tips, easy cooking meals, easy meals, health and fitness, nutrition, quick and fast meals