This is in continuation with our easy Chocolate cake recipes from our Smart Chef and Baker – Leandra Fernandes from Twisted Baker. Today, we will be looking at the Chocolate Pound Cake. It is one of the most loved items for High tea. We all love to try out different types of cakes. The Chocolate pound cake is loved by both, the young and the old. In this post we show you how to make a delicious Chocolate Pound Cake.
Chocolate Pound Cake
- 125g butter.
- 150g sugar.
- 20g cocoa.
- 100ml milk.
- 20g Chocolate.
- 2 Eggs.
- 100 g flour.
- 1 ¼ tsp Baking Powder.
- Nuts for topping.
Rs. 599 Rs. 283
Rs. 995 Rs. 498
Rs. 995 Rs. 450
How to make a Chocolate Pound cake :
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease a loaf tin with butter.
- Place butter in a saucepan and melt over low heat. Slowly add sugar, cocoa powder and milk and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil for a 1 minute and then close the heat.
To make the Cocoa Syrup :
- To make the chocolate glaze for the top, place the chocolate pieces into a small bowl and
add about ½ cup of the hot cocoa syrup. Stir continuously to melt the chocolate and keep it aside to cool down.
- While the cocoa syrup cools down slightly, separate the egg whites from the yolks and whip
the egg whites until foamy and stiff peaks form.
- Incorporate the yolks one at a time. Then add flour, salt and baking powder to the cocoa.
- Gently fold the whipped whites into the mixture and divide the mixture evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Pour the reserved chocolate glaze on the top and decorate with nuts, if desired.
- Let it cool down completely before serving.
Your tasty Chocolate Pound Cake is ready to be relished. Children will love it and this is a great High-tea or tea time cake.
Hope you have enjoyed reading this article on Chocolate Pound Cake. We would also like you to check out our other recipes from the recipe section.Chocolate Pound Cake, chocolate pound cake loaf, chocolate pound cake recipe