Chicken Chimichangas are tortillas filled with chicken, rice, beans etc. They are rolled, filled with stuffing and deep fried. They are tasty starters which are loved by young and old. You can also add cheese in your filling which is loved by children. For a healthier version, you can also bake it at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden instead of deep frying the same. This dish originally comes from Mexico and is very popular in the USA. In today’s post, we give you the authentic Chicken Chimichangas Recipe.
Chicken Chimichangas Recipe
- Wheat Flour 400 gm
- Baking Powder 2gm
- Oil 5ml
- Salt to taste
- Chicken (boneless) 250gm
- Oil 10ml
- Garlic 25gm
- Cumin powder 5 gm
- Chopped Green Coriander half cup
- Coriander powder 5 gm
- Red Chawli Beans 50gm
- Green Chilly 1-2 Nos
- Soak red chawli beans for 2 hours and boil until tender.
- Prepare the dough with the listed ingredients using warm water (approx.. 100ml) and divide into 4 portions. Roll out in 6’’ tortillas.
- Bake lightly on a medium hot pan.
- Cut chicken into small dices. Cook in chicken stock or water.
- Chop onions, green chilly, coriander, and garlic in small pieces.
- Heat oil.
- Saute onions, garlic, and chicken.
- Add cumin and coriander powder,
- Now add red chawli beans, green chilly, chopped green coriander.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 portions.
- Place the filling in the center of the tortillas and fold like into a square sealing the edges with little water.
- Deep Fry in oil just before serving.
Your Tasty Chicken Chimichangas are ready to be relished. We are sure that you will love this dish and try it at home.