This is a traditional cake made in every Goan house. You don’t need an occasion to enjoy this freshly made cake. The aroma of this cake brings back good and happy memories. The cake mix of freshly grated coconut and Semolina with elaichi powder takes it to another level. Having said that, this coconut cake should be eaten within 2-3 days of making it, as it does not last for a lot of time. In this article, we give you a simple and easy to make Baath Cake Recipe.
Christmas and Easter are ideal occasions for making and serving fresh baath cake. Baath cake is also called as baathika. Though almost all the ingredients are the same, yet each and every goan house makes it according to their taste and likes. You can use dessicated or dry coconut in order to make it last longer.
Everyone loves baath cake in our house and we regularly make it with fresh coconut. Christmas is just around the corner, so start the party with Baath.
Baath Cake Recipe
- ½ kg semolina.
- 2 freshly scrapped coconut.
- ½ kilo sugar.
- 8 eggs.
- 250gms of butter.
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence.
- Fresh ground elaichi powder.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 3 tsp Rose Water.
- Scrape and grind the coconut with rosewater and vanilla essence.
- Grind the elaichi powder and set it aside.
- In a bowl beat the eggs till fluffy. Add sugar and beat it till the sugar dissolves.
- Add butter and mix it well.
- Put the semolina in the mixture and stir it well.
- Now add coconut to this mixture.
- Add baking powder.
- Finally, add the elaichi powder.
- Fold the mixture well and let it rest for an hour or so.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven and grease the container with ghee or butter and pour the mixture in the container.
- Bake it for 30 mins at 180-200 degrees.
- After 30 mins, use the toothpick test to see if the toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out the Baath cake from the oven and let it rest till it has cooled down.
- Your delicious Baath cake is ready to eat.
We hope you have liked this easy Baath cake recipe and will try making the same at home.
Hope you enjoyed this simple and easy to make Baath Cake Recipe. Please like and subscribe to our Newsletter.Baath Cake Recipe, coconut and semolina cake, goan sweets