The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are one of the most picturesque places having beautiful beaches, dense forests and a variety of different adventure water sports. Any beach lover would love to go to this place for a vacation. the Andaman and Nicobar islands are a group of 600 islands in the Bay of Bengal, of which 36 islands are inhabited. Further, only around 9 islands are open to tourists. The Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a Union Territory. In this post, we talk about how you can take an Andaman And Nicobar Islands Trip.
The islands have a tropical climate wherein the south-west monsoons sets in by May and the northeast monsoons sets in by November. The weather is good throughout the year and hence this is one of the most popular beach destinations. Summers are warm and pleasant and so many Indians try to escape the scorching heat by visiting this place during summer.
You can get attractive discounts on various online travel portals, if you book well in advance. Also please check the reviews before booking into any hotel.
The cuisine is exotic and will be loved by any seafood lover. Seafood, coastal spices and vegetables dominate the cuisine. You can try various types of fresh seafood and fish delicacies. Also do not forget to enjoy fresh coconut water while on vacation there. Fruits like mangoes, bananas, pineapples etc are easily available and so try and enjoy these fresh fruits.
Andaman And Nicobar Islands Trip
Let us look at some of the important places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
1. Port Blair.
Port Blair is the capital of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It is an island town offering a host of water adventure sports activities like scuba diving, snorkeling, boat rides and other sea cruises. Most of the restaurants and hotels are around Aberdeen bazaar, which is in the central part of the town.
- We all are aware that the Andaman and Nicobar Islands were called Kala Pani because of the presence of the Cellular Jail which is a national memorial. Many of our freedom fighters were meted out brutal and barbaric treatments in this jail. This jail was built in 1906 and prisoners were kept in solitary confinement.
- This jail now has a museum which is open for every one who wants to get a feel of history.There is a sound and lights show, which brings alive the difficult lives of our freedom fighters who were deported to this cellular jail. This show is very popular amongst tourists and visitors. There are 2 shows every day at 6.00 p.m. and 7.15 p.m., in Hindi. There are also specific English shows on other days. Do check out the timings before going.
- Further, there are also other places like the Ross Island which has the chief commissioner’s house, the cathedral and also the graveyard of the Britishers etc. You can reach the Ross Island by private ferries from the Aberdeen jetty.
- There are many interesting museums like the Anthropological Museum, Fisheries Museum, Samudrika (Naval Marine Museum), Kala pani Museum etc., which has an interesting display of things.
- Port Blair is surrounded by beaches like the Carbyn’s beach, North bay beach and Chidiya Tapu which is famous for bird watching etc.
- The Rajiv Gandhi water sports complex is famous for adventure water sports. It has different types of boat rides viz. paddle boats, glass bottom boats, row boats, bumper boats etc. It also has open-air eateries which have magnificent views.
2. Havelock Island.
The Havelock Island is a beautiful island having white sandy beaches, lush green forests and rich coral reefs. The islands are surrounded by lush green rainforests which gives it a picturesque and stunning view.
Some of the other places to see on Havelock Island are
This beach lies to the south of Havelock Island and is about 12km from the Islands ferry pier. It is rated as one of the best beaches in Asia by Time Magazine.
This rocky beach is located on the east coast of the island. Most of this beach is lined with Mahua trees which provide shade and thus you can just sit and relax on the beach. There are many resorts and hotels close to this beach. The Dolphin Resort is a popular resort run by the Indian tourism department.
Rs. 1,800 Rs. 849
Rs. 5,610 Rs. 2,947
Rs. 1,400 Rs. 799
Rs. 890 Rs. 374
All the beach lovers, swimmers and scuba divers love this place. It has rich coral reefs and a wonderful marine life. It takes about 40 minutes by cruise boats from Havelock Jetty to reach this beach.
Kaala Pathar Beach
This is a beautiful, sandy beach which is located about 12 km from Havelock Island. It is slowly gaining popularity amongst tourists because of its untouched natural beauty.
3. Neil Island
It is a small island located to the south of the Andaman Islands. It is popular for its unexplored coral reefs, good bio-diversity, white sandy beaches, tropical forests etc. There are many famous beaches like the Bharatpur beach, Ramnagar beach, Sitapur beach, Laxman Nagar beach etc. It is also known as the “vegetable bowl” of the Andamans. Basically, you can walk around the whole Island in less than two hours.
Do plan a family vacation to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and we hope that you will enjoy this place. For accommodation, you have a variety of choices which will suit different budgets. Also, there are discounts given by online travel portals, if the trip is booked well in advance ie. prior 2 months or so. So plan today for an exciting trip to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Hope you enjoyed this article on how you can take an Andaman And Nicobar Islands Trip.Andaman And Nicobar Islands Trip